(1) What introduced you/got you involved in Tarot? A friend just gave me a deck for my birthday (I think I was about 18). After she handed it to me, I thanked her and then, not having any clue what it was, I asked her why she was giving it to me. She replied, “It just seemed like something you should have.” I had been doing handwriting analysis and dream interpretation since I was 10 so she probably thought this other weird thing was right up my alley. I really feel like Spirit led her to give me that gift because it wasn’t even on my radar at the time and I’m very grateful for the introduction.
(2) What was your first deck and why/how did you get it? My first deck was the one the friend gave me, The Ukiyoe Tarot. She was into that type of artwork. I can’t remember the name of the first deck I bought for myself. It was based on Southwestern Native American designs. I remember the cover art was shades of blue and turquoise. Anybody know what deck I’m talking about?
(3) Do you have more than one deck that you use and if so do you have a favorite? If not, why do you like the deck you have chosen? I have given away or sold more than 175 decks so that gives you some understanding of how many tarot decks I’ve obsessed over. My favorites include: The African Tarot, Wheel of Change Tarot, Whimsical Tarot, The Hanson-Roberts deck, Tarot of the Ages, The Mythic Tarot, Universal Goddess Tarot and Ancestral Path Tarot. My favorite favorite is Tarot of the Ages. I love the realistic and detailed artwork, its evocative and sensual nature, and the fact that it is a well illustrated multicultural deck.
(4) How long have you been reading the Tarot? More than 20 years.
(5) When and where did you give your first reading? In college but I had no idea what I was doing. I just followed the LWB (which I don’t even look at anymore) and read the meanings from it. Those readings were really sh*tty but I was hooked on the visual symbolism.