(16) Do you ever use the Major Arcana without the Minor Arcana or vice versa? About 15 years ago, I just got tired of looking at the Major Arcana. I started to see the tarot deck as two very different decks — The archetypal majors and the descriptive minors. I found that I could give very specific readings with the Minor Arcana alone so I started just using it to read. This is what brought me to reading playing cards — it’s basically the minor arcana.
(17) Do you do readings using reversals? Why or why not? I don’t read reversals anymore (read this post to find out why: Interpreting Energy Blocks in Card Pairs) but the best book on reversals I’ve read was Exploring The Tarot.
(18) Do you feel a “connection” to your cards? Yes!
(19) Do you feel/think the cards “think” or have their own consciousness? What do you believe makes the cards “tick?” I don’t believe there is any magic in the cards themselves but there is a magical connection between your psyche and the cards. What I mean by this is that I can assign meanings to my cards and that method will produce true and accurate readings. However, the card deck will also have inherent meanings….I mean that on some deeper level my Higher Self has already decided what some of the cards mean unbeknownst to my conscious mind that is assigning meanings. So, when I get a new deck, I go through the cards and give my own meanings, write them down in my journal, then I start performing readings for myself and others to see what the deck chooses as meanings for the cards. Again, even though I’m referring to the deck choosing meanings I really mean my Higher Self using the deck to bring more symbols into play.
(20) Do you read for yourself and/or for others? Why or why not? I read mostly for myself, for insight and problem-solving and when I read for others that’s always the goal–problem solving and insight. I found it really balancing and centering to journal all of my personal readings so I’m trying to get back to that practice. The process really helps you evolve and stretches your spiritual mind by leaps and bounds.
See all Questions: 30 Day Tarot Challenge