(26) Have you ever regretted a particular reading, either for yourself or another? Yes, I did a reading for my sister-in-law many years ago. I was visiting and ran across a little shop that carried the Medicine Woman Tarot deck. I was so excited to use it I asked if she wanted to pick a card. She was concerned because her boss had scheduled a meeting with her the next day and she wasn’t sure what kind of news to expect. I shuffled the cards but must have used a washing shuffle so the cards got really mixed. I had not planned to read with reversals but the reversed 10 of Wands (I think?) came up. It shows someone being honored for their work. I told her she might be congratulated & possibly promoted. She was happy to hear that and went in to work with high expectations. I really should have paid more attention to the reversal because just the opposite turned out to be true. She was getting reprimanded NOT congratulated. Boy did I have egg on my face. That taught me a valuable lesson on setting intentions about how you will read the cards BEFORE you shuffle.
(27) Do you have a special time and/or place that you use your Tarot? If so, do you reserve the deck specifically for that purpose? No special time and/or place. I do a brief ritual now — the Wayne Cook Posture Donna Eden describes in her book, Energy Medicine.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIORgKOHMes
(28) Does anyone you know not agree with your Tarot practices? LOL, at least half of the people I know do not agree with this practice so I don’t share it with them. I’m waiting for the day when I can come out of the broom closet.
(29) Do you have a Tarot mentor? I consider every Tarot reader my mentor….you can always learn from others’ practices and methods. I find it fascinating reading other sample readings to find out what decks they choose, how they interpret the cards and their conclusions about the reading.
(30) Do you practice any other forms of divination? Do I? I have a compulsion to turn everything into divination and self-discovery (did I mention I was doing handwriting analysis and dream analysis at age 12?
If so, what is it, and do you use them alongside the Tarot as to gain more insight or as something separate entirely? I think each tool has a specific purpose. I don’t use Tarot and playing cards the same way, for example. If someone really wants a direct, bottom line answer to a question I use playing cards. For a more subjective, self-discovery reading I use something with evocative images. I also have systems for reading dice, crystals/gemstones, and dabbled a little w/tea leaves and runes in the past. My fav is still cards, though, so now I’m creating a variety of oracle decks: The Cinderella Deck for love/relationship readings, Over the Moon Tarot deck, Soul Awakening Archetypes Cards, and The Flower Children Cards for spiritual/healing purposes.
BONUS: If you could create one card to add to your deck, what would it be called and what would the card’s meaning be? I wouldn’t be able to create just ONE card…I would probably create an entirely new deck!!